Saturday, June 2, 2012

Big League Moment (6) Arte Moreno

On Memorial day 2012 I had been doing some post game graphing and ran into Angel owner Arte Moreno. After he signed a few autographs for fans I went over to him to ask a question that's been bugging me for a few weeks. As a season ticket holder I tend to get a little bored living at the stadium and wander a bit. In right center field here is a large Angel logo that has a out of place two rows of red flowers. I asked why the flowers are there expecting some sort of significant meaning. Arte looked at me wih a puzzled look and his wife started laughing when he fumbled for an appropriate response and finally responded, "They're there to be...aesthetically pleasing...they don't mean anything." 

Great Arte. Lie to me. Say it's for Nick Adenheart. Say they're your wife's favorites. Don't tell me I stare at this random set of flowers just because you felt like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment