Sunday, November 18, 2012

RBI (114) Practice Makes Perfect...

Or at the very least it helps you kick around the NBA for a while. I went to the Clippers vs. Bulls game at Staples Center and was able to purchase Small Forward Matt Barnes' Los Angeles Clippers practice jersey.

Barnes was a 2nd round pick out of UCLA but was repeatedly cut and didn't make his NBA debut until 2004 with the Clippers. A bumpy start to his career finally leveled off and he has been able to find regular playing time since 2006. He has been a strong addition for teams playing at a high level signing with the Orlando Magic, Los Angeles Lakers, and the Clippers during their time as playoff contenders.
I was happy to pick up the jersey and now need to be on the lookout for a chance to get Barnes to sign it. Since I'm still not the greatest at NBA signings anyone who spots one of Barnes please let me know. On a side note it is kind of funny that I picked up the Barnes jersey since he was the best player available seeing as the past few seasons he's been a Laker who I've actually disliked. All's forgiven as long as he keeps playing tough for the Clippers.

UPDATE: I was able to get the Barnes jersey autographed at an in store appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment