Wednesday, June 5, 2013

RBI (149) A Roving Veteran...

Recently I was able to score a pretty underrated autograph by a veteran starting pitcher. I enjoy being able to set goals of specific players when a team comes into town and sometimes instead of loading up my card collection with something for everyone I only bring along items to be signed by the players that I choose. I decided to go after veteran pitcher Edwin Jackson.

Jackson was drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 6th round of the 2001 MLB draft. He debuted in the MLB for a few cups of coffee at age 19 during the 2003 season but finally stuck around the bigs in 2006. Since his Dodger debut he has played for the Rays, White Sox, Diamondbacks, Cardinals, Nationals, Tigers, and Cubs. He's been a farily reliable pitcher with a 71-79 record a 4.48 ERA and more than 1000 Strikeouts. He does however have a few accomplishments that make him a notable autograph to collect. He was a World Series Championship with the St. Louis Cardinals, was an All-Star, and threw a no-hitter against the Rays.
I was able to get Edwin's autograph on this 2012 Topps Heritage card during the Cubs vs Angels series in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment