Tuesday, November 26, 2013

RBI (194) Tom Morello...

I had the opportunity to see guitarist Tom Morello play in his folk music band "The Nightwatchman" during a short tour in 2007. Morello's acclaim is from being the guitarist for famous rock groups Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave, but the side projects he involves himself with always showcase his stellar guitar playing skills.
The club I saw him perform in the Paradise rock club was small and it was a very great intimate show. After the show if you purchased the debut album you could meet Tom and have him sign the album cover. I of course opted to stay and meet the man. It was a quick perfunctory hello and smile while he signed but considering he sat to sign minutes after playing a lengthy folk set I couldn't blame him and was happy for the opportunity to add him to my collection. It's not often I get to collect celebrity or rock star autographs, but it's nice when I'm able to so this Tom Morello autograph is a nice piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment