Saturday, March 8, 2014

RBI (202) Tony Gonzalez...

Recently I was out and about in Orange County and ran into someone I was glad I had a baseball on me for, future NFL Hall of Famer and the greatest tight end in NFL history Tony Gonzalez.

Tony G is without a doubt the greatest to play his position. He's the NFL's all-time leader as a tight end in receptions, receiving yards and touchdowns, and ranks within the top 10 period as a receiver for those categories as well. He was the first tight end ever to catch 1,000 passes and crossed 15,000 receiving yards during his 17 season career. Across the 17 seasons he's missed only two games being one of the most durable players of his era. He's had 14-Pro Bowl appearances, named an All-Pro 10-times and will be without a doubt a first ballot Hall of Famer to enter Canton, probably unanimous.
I'm glad to put one of the greatest NFL players of all-time in my collection, and if he had played for a team besides the Chiefs for the majority of his career he'd be an even bigger star than he already was.

No comments:

Post a Comment