Monday, July 16, 2012

RBI (94) A Pair of Rehab Hits...

The past week there have been a few stars making a few rehab starts with the local minor league teams here in Southern California. Matt Kemp made one recently but I wasn't in town to go out and try to get him. I did however return from my vacation with the perfect timing to recharge my batteries and get ready to graph.

I eased myself back into graphing with a rehab start of my own by going to get Andre Ethier when he made his second rehab start out in Rancho.
Ethier was really nice and signed for the reasonably sized crowd that was waiting for him, even doing multiples and taking photos with people. I had Andre Ethier autograph this 2011 Topps Lineage and an 8x10 photo that I'm working on getting done.

It was a pretty short wait for Andre and I got to get him pretty quickly. It was a nice and easy at bat to get ready for graphing again.

I worked a full game though when I went to try and get Angels pitcher Dan Haren for his start at Inland Empire with the 66ers. I only had to wait about 45 minutes for Ethier. I had to wait 2 and a half hours for Haren, thankfully it was only in the mid 80's today.
Haren is a tough guy to get. He rarely signs at the stadium and I've heard stories of him being spotted out and about without a very happy ending for the fan who saw him. I wasn't really sure if he'd even sign especially with 7 of us waiting for him. Surprisingly though he parked his car and walked over to us waiting for him and started to sign. I was happy to finally add him to my 2011 team ball. It took him a while to find a spot to sign because it's almost complete and is that much closer with a Dan Haren autograph on my baseball.

All in all not a bad way to end my minor league assignment and get prepared for the Angels coming back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment