Friday, September 7, 2012

Balk 11 - A Confession

I have to admit sometimes the thrill of the hunt is what drives me to grow my collection larger. I truly do appreciate every player who has ever signed for me and can recount who signed what where/when for every piece in my collection.

Occasionally though the pressure of maintaining my at home "hitting streak" does manifest itself and I feel compelled to ensure at least one autograph. On nights the streak may be over I feel stressed and uncomfortable until that lone hit clears the infield and drops safely. With an increased workload my opportunities to graph have decreased significantly, so the days I can autograph hunt I feel even more compelled to be successful.

So I field this question to you readers. Do you find yourselves often fighting off the irrational urge to hoard and maintain your ironman streak or is it easier to maintain focus on a specific collecting goal?

1 comment:

  1. I've never really taken the time to think of autograph collecting in terms of ironman streaks... although I won't say I don't get bummed when I walk away empty handed after spending three hours in the sun.

    ReplyDelete