Saturday, September 1, 2012

RBI (104) A Hometown player...

For a while I've been wanting to get into graphing basketball players. David does it, and he does it well with all his photos coming out pretty nicely. Being so close to LA with 2 NBA teams I suppose there's really no excuse for me to not try out a few events this coming season when baseball season lets out. But luckily I didn't have to go to LA for my first attempt at actually going to get a specific player. Minnesota Timberwolves guard Malcolm Lee is from my hometown and I knew he would be at an event so I printed out a few photos to try my hand at the NBA.

Lee was a 2nd round pick in the 2011 NBA Draft, taken 43rd overall by the Chicago Bulls and traded as part of a package for the draft's 23rd overall pick. An injury and the strike shortened season made his debut season limited but he has the chance to be a contributor on a developing Timberwolves team. Lee was drafted out of UCLA where he was on the 2011 Pac-10 All Defensive Team and All Pac-10 First Teamer.

Malcolm Lee autographed these two 8x10's photographs for me. One is from his days as a star UCLA basketball player and the other from his time in the NBA. I'm happy to start my NBA collection with a local guy.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos and the autos came out nicely. Hopefully you can join me when graphing NBA players this year

    ReplyDelete