Sunday, September 8, 2013

RBI (180) Adrian Beltre...

One of my favorite players growing up has been Adrian Beltre. He's a slick fielding, power hitting third baseman who I've always enjoyed watching play. His career has primarily been on the West coast besides a year out in Boston so I've always been able to keep track of him and watch his career.

Beltre was signed by the Los Angeles Dodgers as an amateur free agent out of the Dominican Republic. He debuted for the Dodgers at age 19 and hasn't turned back since developing into one of the premier 3rd basemen of his era of play. He's a multiple time All-Star, Gold Glover and Silver Slugger winner. He's rapidly advancing his stats to impressive career plateaus with more than 2300 hits, 370 Home Runs and 1,200 RBI's. All of these statistics have been acquired while maintaing top level defense at third so it's going to be interesting to see when he decides to end his career since he still has years left he could play at first base or as a DH when his defense declines. He may make a very interesting run at the traditional Cooperstown marks in the next few years.
I was able to get Adrian Beltre's autograph on this baseball before a Rangers vs Angels game in Anaheim. The ball is actually my first baseball I've gotten from during a game with umpire Brian Knight being kind enough to toss me the ball at the end of the first inning of the Indians vs Angels game on the 19th of September, 2013. Since it was my first ball given to me actually during a baseball game I held onto it for someone special and one of my favorite players is definitely special enough for me to use on him.

No comments:

Post a Comment