Saturday, September 14, 2013

RBI (182) A Utility All Star...

The past few seasons I've had mixed luck when the Rays come into town. I've gotten David Price before and it's one of my favorite pieces in my autograph collection but the position players have been tough for me. I was finally able to get Ben Zobrist's autograph this past season.

Zobrist was drafted in the 6th round of the 2004 MLB Draft by the Houston Astros but was traded to the Tampa Bay Rays. He's played every position but pitcher and catcher and that versatility has helped Joe Maddon turn the Rays into a contender. He's been an All-Star two times already with his defensive abilities being valued by the AL All Star managers while having a decent average with pop and speed knocking in over 100 career Home Runs and having 90 career stolen bases.
Ben Zobrist autographed this 2013 Topps Heritage card and was nice enough to inscribe "All-Star" when he signed it for me. I got Zobrist to sign when he came into town with the Rays to play the Angels during the 2013 season.

No comments:

Post a Comment