Sunday, May 4, 2014

Autograph Recap May 3, 2014 CJ Wilson at Cox Irvine

Angels pitcher CJ Wilson made an appearance at the Cox store in Irvine, and rather than start the day waiting around in the heat for the Rangers to roll in I made my way out there.

I got there and walked down the fairly long line until I finally found the end. Members of the Angels strike force were there and gave me a wristband to guarantee an autograph as long as I was within the first 200. Getting there about an hour and change before it was scheduled to begin got me wristband number 149. CJ was scheduled to be there from 12:00-1:00 but arrived about fifteen minutes late and started signing immediately. He actually was able to get the line moving rather quickly since photos with CJ weren't allowed.

I snapped a quick shot of CJ before it was my turn.
 You may recognize the guy to the left of CJ, he's a regular member of the stadium CSC security team at Angel Stadium. Why he and another CSC security guard was there is beyond me.
He was strictly one item per and held to it while he was going through the line. I had him finish an item I've been randomly lugging along for years. I finally got my Jerry Dipoto and CJ Wilson autographed photo of the pair of them together at the CJ and Albert Pujols press conference in 2011 when they signed with the Angels. It feels good to finish projects as now I've gotten both photos I took and printed done since I go the Albert Pujols signed at the end of last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment