Thursday, May 8, 2014

RBI (208) NFL HOF'er Warren Sapp...

As you all know it's Derek Jeter's farewell trip around the league so fans are turning out in droves to see their final chapter of the captain's playing career. I made out to the Big A to try graphing the Yankees and didn't have too much luck. One random graph that I was happy to get was a fan that came out who had fans himself. NFL Hall of Famer Warren Sapp came to Angel Stadium to catch a game.

Sapp was a 7-time Pro Bowler, had 4 First team All-Pro selections, won Super Bowl XXXVII,  was named to the all-decade team for the 1990's and 2000's and for good measure won the Defensive Player of the Year award. All while playing as a DT instead of the more heralded DE position. He was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in 2013 and has maintained a visible profile as a retired player appearing as a commentator, judge on BBQ Pittmasters and runner up on Dancing with the Stars.
I was really surprised to see Warren Sapp at the stadium, but really glad he was spotted. I asked him if I could get his autograph and if he'd sweetspot the baseball and as I started to point out where to sign he told me not to worry that he had me and immediately knew where to flip the ball to. Awesome. He signed it nicely and inscribed "HOF 13" on the ball.

I'm glad to put him in the collection and already have my Warren Sapp autographed ball next to the ball I got signed by fellow NFL star Tony Gonzalez.

1 comment:

  1. Nice bold autograph with a HOF inscription too.

    ReplyDelete