Sunday, August 4, 2013

RBI (162) Cy Young Winner and 1st Autographed Sports Illustrated

It may be surprising that after this many years hunting down autographs I've never gotten a Sports Illustrated autographed. I know lots of my fellow graphers who are able to knock them out but I'm a little more limited in my scope mainly focusing on teams that come to play in Anaheim so getting a SI signed means I not only have to get the autograph, but the player needs to be on a team that plays the Angels.

One issue that I sat on for a while was the R.A. Dickey and Kayla Harrison December 17, 2012 Sports Illustrated. My patience paid off as Dickey was traded from the Mets to the Blue Jays so I knew he'd come through the stadium eventually.
Dickey was the 2012 NL Cy Young winner after reviving his career with an All Star campaign to be the NL Strikeout champion. He's quite the story of finding success after true struggles so I'm very happy to have added him to my collection. His story is something special so adding this RA Dickey autographed Sports Illustrated as the first one I got signed makes the wait well worth it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment