Tuesday, January 21, 2014

RBI (198) Liz Carmouche…

Recently I started to prepare for the upcoming baseball season by printing out some photos to start loading up my folder for this season. While going through my box of photos I still had from last year I ran across a few of the MMA photos I hadn't been able to get signed yet. I decided to pop by the post office and send a TTM request to UFC fighter Liz Carmouche.

Carmouche made history becoming the first woman to enter the octagon to fight women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey at UFC 157 in Anaheim. I hadn't been able to get Carmouche's autograph during fight week so I decided to take a shot through the mail.
I got this Liz Carmouche autographed 8x10 photograph from her pre-UFC days back in only 6 days after I sent it to her care of her gym. She's currently preparing to fight again for the promotion against Miesha Tate so I'm grateful she took some time from her training to sign for a fan. Also I really appreciate how she took the time to find the dark spot of the photo to sign with her silver sharpie, it's the little things that show if a signer cares or not and it means a lot to me that she did.

It was a historic moment for Liz to walk into the Octagon in the UFC and I'm glad I was there to see it happen in person. I'm glad to include both female fighters in my collection now from that night.

You can follow Liz Carmouche @iamgirlrilla on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment