Saturday, July 23, 2011

Sac Fly (2) A divisional contest...

Well the Angels and Rangers may be locked in a tough race to see who will win the division, but it doesn't stop me from appreciating good baseball players. So I'm going to have a contest like Sac Fly (1) but with a little bit of a twist.


Prize:
-2 Value Packs of 2011 Allen and Ginter.
-Additional cards from my collection of your selected team.

How it works:
The Texas Rangers were in town this last home stand and I was able to get a few in person autographs of members of the team. So here's the contest: 3 different Ranger's players signed autographs for me, guess which ones signed. Each correct player is worth a point.

Now here's the twist...I got all 3 autographs on the same day despite having gone to all three games (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday). Guess which day I got the autographs on as an additional point to add to your score. 

Most points wins. 

The winner will be the person who gets the most points earned from their guesses. If there is a tie I will use a random number generator for all valid correct entries. If no one guesses any of the players correctly I will use a random number generator for all entries to determine the winner.

How to enter:
All you have to do to enter is comment your guess. You can leave a second guess as a valid entry if with your second entry you post a link to your own site announcing/linking this contest (2 entry max).

Contest will close Thursday July 29th at 11:59 PM PST, and the winner will be announced Friday July 30th.


Also for my regular readers, sorry for the lack of posts the past week. I just started a new job and as soon as I'm settled into my new routine I'll be sure to continue posting at a regular rate again. Though I'm not actually sure if there are any regular readers...if you're a regular reader comment that too in your entry and if you win I'll see what I can do to spice up your prize.

20 comments:

  1. C.J. Wilson
    Gary Pettis
    Josh Hamilton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh Hamilton
    Nelson Cruz
    Neftali Feliz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will say:
    Yorvit Torrealba
    Josh Hamilton
    Ian Kinsler
    on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And for a little pimping, I'll say:
    Nelson Cruz (#17 jersey, you know)
    David Murphy (#7 jersey, yeah, that's right!)
    Michael Young (he's the D.H., nothing better to do between at-bats)
    All of this on Wednesday.

    here's the link:
    http://dawgbonesaphilliesphan.blogspot.com/2011/07/sac-fly-for-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll go with Wednesday and:

    Derek Holland
    Nelson Cruz
    Mike Napoli

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Dutch Oven
    Michael Young
    Ron Washington

    I'll plug and post the link later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhodes, Harrison, Davis

    Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hamilton, Napoli, Colby Lewis

    Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neftali Feliz
    CJ Wilson
    Michael Young, on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. And for my second entry

    Elvis Andrus
    Nelson Cruz
    Josh Hamilton
    on Tuesday

    http://tenetsofwilson.blogspot.com/2011/07/another-rbi-collecting-contest.html

    Thanks for having another contest!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to say you got them on Monday

    ReplyDelete
  12. I plugged the contest here: http://just-in-justinsworld.blogspot.com/2011/07/contest.html

    For my second guess, I will take Napoli, Hamilton, and Wilson. I will also guess that you got them on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ian Kinsler
    Arthur Rhodes
    Tommy Hunter

    GQ fans know he signs almost as much as DeJesus.

    Let's go with my favorite day of the week, Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wednesday

    Mitch Moreland
    Michael Young
    Chris Davis

    ReplyDelete
  15. Arthur Rhodes
    Yorvit Torrealba
    Omar Quintanilla

    On a Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Josh Hamilton
    Michael Young
    Mike Napoli

    Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tuesday, CJ Wilson, Josh Hamilton, Derek Holland

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tuesday

    Mike Napoli
    David Murphy
    Ian Kinsler

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll go with on Thursday these guys signed for you:

    Craig Gentry
    Mitch Moreland
    Matt Harrison

    ReplyDelete
  20. For my second entry, plug is here:

    http://cardanathema.wordpress.com/2011/07/28/rbi-collecting-contest-plug/

    Guesses: On Wednesday you collected

    Alexi Ogando
    Derek Holland
    David Murphy

    ReplyDelete