Saturday, May 18, 2013

RBI (142) Some Country Breakfast...

Or I guess I should say a country feast was recently had by Kansas City Royals star Billy Butler when he was playing in Anaheim.

Billy Butler was drafted by the Royals with the 14th pick of the 1st round in the 2004 MLB draft. He debuted in 2007 against the Angels and has proven to be a capable slugger for the Royals. He's crossed the 100 Home Run mark while cruising to more than 200 doubles so far in his career with a batting average hovering around the .300 mark.

Butler was in a pretty good mood after going 5-5 while playing against the Angels in Anaheim. He saw my 8x10 photo and asked when I took the shot. I told him I had taken it on the Opening Day the Royals spent in Anaheim and he said he thought it was last year and signed it for me. After he signed it I asked if he'd inscribe All Star for me since he was named to the team that year and he said yes. He signed for a few other people then took the photo again to inscribe "2012 All Star" under his autograph.
He was still signing after I put the photo away so I asked if he'd sign a ball also. He said no problem so I was able to get this Billy Butler autographed baseball.
He also knocked out this 2012 Topps Heritage card for me a on separate occasion during the series.
I was able to get these autographed during the 2013 Royals at Angels series at Angel Stadium, and I'm pretty happy with how they all came out and very appreciative Billy signed all three items for me.

1 comment: