Ethier was really nice and signed for the reasonably sized crowd that was waiting for him, even doing multiples and taking photos with people. I had Andre Ethier autograph this 2011 Topps Lineage and an 8x10 photo that I'm working on getting done.
It was a pretty short wait for Andre and I got to get him pretty quickly. It was a nice and easy at bat to get ready for graphing again.
I worked a full game though when I went to try and get Angels pitcher Dan Haren for his start at Inland Empire with the 66ers. I only had to wait about 45 minutes for Ethier. I had to wait 2 and a half hours for Haren, thankfully it was only in the mid 80's today.
Haren is a tough guy to get. He rarely signs at the stadium and I've heard stories of him being spotted out and about without a very happy ending for the fan who saw him. I wasn't really sure if he'd even sign especially with 7 of us waiting for him. Surprisingly though he parked his car and walked over to us waiting for him and started to sign. I was happy to finally add him to my 2011 team ball. It took him a while to find a spot to sign because it's almost complete and is that much closer with a Dan Haren autograph on my baseball.
All in all not a bad way to end my minor league assignment and get prepared for the Angels coming back home.


No comments:
Post a Comment